Who is it for?
This programme is for teachers who are, or who have the potential to be, outstanding to develop their practise and help them carry out a whole school responsibility for teaching and learning.
What will it achieve?
Having completed the course participants will…
- Place a greater emphasis on the purpose and value of their lessons.
- Raise levels of engagement and achievement in learning.
- Use different teaching styles to challenge learners.
- Innovate and take risks.
- Plan more reflectively.
- Demonstrate a higher level of understanding of teaching.
- Be able to coach colleagues to raise performance.
What does it involve?
Each programme compromises of nine sessions over nine weeks. Participants focus on a range of aspects of teaching and learning such as challenge, engagement, assessment, differentiation, questioning and planning. There are linked practical tasks back in your own school including applying what you learn and observation in host schools.
Programme content includes:
- What does an outstanding teacher look like?
- Taboo, definitions, audit, strengths & weaknesses.
- What is effective questioning?
- New learning on differentiation.
- Understanding assessment.
- In-school practice.
- Developing a success criteria.
- Action planning and evaluation.
When is the next course?
Dates TBC. Contact email@example.com for more information.
An Assistant Headteacher at St Marylebone with responsibility for Teaching & Learning and in- house CPD. She is a trained Ofsted inspector and has over ten years of experience as an NQT induction Coordintaor. She is an SLE of History, CPD and Student Voice and has taught History, Citizenship and Media Studies in schools in London and Cornwall. Sunday has over thirteen years experience of delivering popular INSET workshops on a range of topics, including NQT training, Citizenship and Student Voice for schools and local authorities.
An Assistant Headteacher at St Marylebone School with responsibility for teaching and learning, Jenny is also an Advanced skills teacher and has been teaching Maths within outstanding London Schools for over 10 years. Over the past few years she has delivered mathematics training on a host of topics, with outstanding feedback, at conferences and workshops throughout the country. Last year this included delivering a popular workshop at the National AST conference-Leading Leaders in Learning.